MISSION STATEMENT: By facilitating business and networking opportunities, the China Business Network provides timely information and resources to enable businesses to succeed in the Greater China marketplace.
The China Business Network (CBN) was formed to provide the Pacific Northwest business community who are involved in business and trade with China a venue for information exchange on the latest developments in China. The CBN also provides members and attendees with opportunities to meet and develop relationships with professionals in finance, law, consulting, marketing, communications, education, manufacturing, etc. in a wide variety of industries.
Generally, our guest speakers structure their presentations to make the information tangible for our attendees. Our goal is to provide the local business community with information and tools to help them succeed in the China market.
Our team of volunteers are constantly on the lookout for prospective speakers, keeping in mind topics of interest our members have expressed to us. The Team consists of:
- Joe Liston, CDK Global, CBN Chair
- Ming Brink, Precision Castparts
- Shiau Yen Chin-Dennis, K&L Gates
- David W. Kohl, International Trade Liaison
- Victor Lam, UBS Financial Services
- Sunun Setboonsarng, Business Oregon
- Doug Smith, Port of Portland
- Eric Shi, Business Consultant
- John M. Wong, JAW Internet Services